Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Turn and Face the Strange, Ch Ch Changes

The aspect of change is the scariest thing in the world. Actually, running out of toilet paper is -- but change is a close second. 

Most people prefer to experience minimal change in life. We become so comfortable and accustomed to our daily routines that anything different will freak the shit out of us. I will confess: I really hate change. It makes me anxious, overwhelmed and sweaty. For instance: I've had the same exact hair style since I was 9 years old. To this day, before every hair cut, I've tried to convince myself to do something new -- cut it short, change the color, get cornrows. But, I never go through with it. I'm too afraid to just temporarily change my appearance. I mean, what if my face looks fat or my cat doesn't recognize me anymore? It's so much easier to go with what you're used to because you already know the outcome. 

Today, I was offered a job at an amazing advertising agency. It's an opportunity that I couldn't pass up because I know it's ultimately the best decision for me and my (potentially) budding career. I have been at my current company since I graduated from college, so the amount of change I'm about to experience is terrifyingly frightening, yet also extremely thrilling. My mind is consumed by worry -- how will I adjust? Who will I eat lunch with? Should I openly admit my love for karaoke? 


With that said, I am happy/anxious/overwhelmed/tired/scared/excited/hungry. I am ready to begin this next chapter of my life and take on new challenges. I'm eager to learn and overcome new obstacles and be able to call my parents and be like, "hey guys, look what I did at work. Aren't I just great?! Aren't you so glad you created me?" 

What I'm trying to say is: change is a bitch, but it's essential if you want to evolve and become the best version of yourself. I'm sorry if that sounded completely lame but it's the truth and you know it. 

Lastly, I want to dedicate this post to two women who have impacted my life beyond words. Ty and Raina, you are way more than just co-workers to me. Over the past three years, we have formed a connection that exceeds many work friendships. You guys have played the roles of mother, sister, friend and therapist through out each and every day and I am so grateful to have had that support from you. Thank you for always listening to my stories, laughing at my jokes and most importantly -- not judging me. You guys make leaving really difficult but I will always cherish the amazing memories we've created over the years. I love you both from the bottom of my heart and I am so thankful to have such strong, beautiful women in my life. 











































3 comments:

  1. I LOL reading your blog but this one hit home. Well said, girl! Congratulations on the offer. What "amazing advertising agency" is lucky to have you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it will be just 2 of us in the bat cave. We will miss you so much. but I am so proud of you and I know that you will be amazing at the new job. So looking forward to the stories and seeing what you can do. Love you puddin pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Ari! You are amazing xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete