Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Craigy No Likey

My boyfriend, Craig, is truly a wonderful fella. He is everything I could ever want in a man - handsome, supportive, kind, funny -- and he puts up with me which is quite the accomplishment. Although we are totally smitten, there are things about your partner that will really irk you -- for Craig, it's the majority of my wardrobe. 

I would say my personal style is a cross between Ellen DeGeneres and a six year old boy. Being comfortable is essential to me regardless of where I am. My go-to outfit is usually jeans (95% spandex), a tee shirt and a pair of kicks. Do I look like an adorable lesbian? Yes, I do. Am I comfortable? You bet your ass I am. Though Craig doesn't mind my standard look, here are some items in my closet that he loathes:


Leather Jackets

Not only are leather jackets the perfect addition to most outfits, you feel like an effing bad-ass wearing one. Whenever I throw on a LJ, Craig will immediately say, "Oh, is Shawn Hunter coming out with us?" He says I even make this face while I'm putting on the jacket as if I own a Harley and roll my own cigarettes. Welp, sorry to break it to you sweetheart, but everyone and their mother's rock LJ's these days so it's time to embrace it. 

How I think I look in a leather jacket

Oxfords

Ladies oxfords are a huge hit right now. They're casual, comfy and oh, so cute! For months, I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair but couldn't decide if I should get them in metallic or a bold color. I showed Craig the two pairs that I was deciding between and his response was, "gross." My initial reaction was to show him a pair with a tassel but then I realized he was referring to all oxfords in general. He said they make him "uncomfortable" and can't stand when he sees women wearing them. He also said if a pair were to arrive at our apartment he would burn them, throw them out the window and reimburse me. 

Blazers
Blazers are ideal for a casual or formal outfit and are extremely flattering for most body types. I have enough outrageous blazers to be the next Liberace. Craig detests blazers so much that he calls them sports jackets. I incessantly tell him the difference between the two, but he refuses to correct himself. What's most embarrassing is when we're in public and he'll loudly make a comment like, "you got food on your sports jacket" or "it's hot, why don't you take your sports jacket off?" Let me be clear: Craig Sager wears sports jackets, women do not. 


Okay, maybe I see his point










No comments:

Post a Comment