Monday, April 14, 2014

The Future Mr. and Mrs. Klein (woah!)

Remember in my last post how I said I never wanted a sister growing up? Well, I was lying. Good news for me though -- I finally have one! Yesterday morning, my brother proposed to his longtime girlfriend, Ali, and let me tell ya -- it was AMAZING!

Although they are officially engaged, I always knew Ali was here to stay. Ever since they started dating over 5 years ago, she has been a part of our family. I'm really glad he put a ring on it (and a GAWGEOUS one, might I add). 

Jesse and Ali a day before their engagement. She had no idea--muhaha!

Here's how it all went down:

For years, Ali and Jesse have shared a love for Gramercy Park. For those of you who are unfamiliar with GP, it's a beautiful private park allowing key access to surrounding residents and guests of the Gramercy Park Hotel only. To say this park is extremely exclusive is an understatement. Having never been inside, the two viewed the park with mystery for years... that is, until yesterday morning. 

Originally, Ali thought they were meeting my family for brunch to celebrate Jesse's birthday a few weeks early. Since my bro is a badass real estate broker (email him for all of your real estate needs: jklein@pp-nyc.com), he told her that he needed to stop by an open house in Gramercy before brunch. As they walked alongside the park fence, he "noticed" someone was exiting the park and "pleaded" to let them in for a few minutes. At that moment, I expect Ali was thrilled to finally be entering the beautiful Gramercy Park, whereas Jesse was sweating profusely and crapping his pants. 

After strolling through the secluded park and taking "selfies," Jesse led Ali to the spot where he would ask her to be his wife.

Gramercy Park 
This is the exact spot Jesse got down on one knee

If you don't have tears in your eyes -- you're not human and I don't want to know you


Ali said yes, of course, because she is a very smart lady. Now remember, Ali thought she was going to brunch with just my family. Much to her surprise, Ali's entire family was there waiting outside the park. 


Entered the park as boyfriend/girlfriend -- Exited as Fiancés 
(I know you guys hate that term, but tough noogie's) 


Jesse, I am so proud of you. Your plan to sweep Ali off her feet was executed beautifully. Good job, you little romantic, you! Thank you for allowing me to be such a huge part of the process. I will always be your sidekick through out every endeavor and I was honored to witness the best day of your lives so far. Even though you keep fighting it, I will always consider myself as your best man. I love you beyond words. Also, I would just like to point out that you confided in me 3 months ago about proposing and I didn't spill the beans -- I rock!

Ali, I honestly feel like nothing has changed except you now have a sparkly new friend on your left hand. I have always considered you and loved you like a sister. You are such a bright, generous and beautiful little toad and we are so lucky to have you officially join our family. Through out the years you have been one of my biggest supporters, cheerleaders and often times, my therapist. Thank you for dealing with me regardless of the dilemma. I am so happy you had such a memorable day and i'm REALLY happy I didn't blow this surprise for you. I love you madly. 


Mr. Craig and Mr. Klein 

MAZEL!




    








1 comment:

  1. I have been religiously reading your blog and have to say this has been the best post so far. I do not even know these people and yet you make me want to be in their wedding. I especially like the multiple parts where you credit yourself for keeping the secret quiet, as if you are the first person in human history to do so. Overall fantastic piece of writing, and looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete